Posted by Kiana Greenan - January 03, 2023
Fall in love this January with our exclusive handfasting offer at the Home of Romance
Cure those January blues by partaking in a traditional handfasting ceremony over the Anvil. Enjoy two complimentary tickets to our Gretna Green Experience and relax after with a meal for two and a night stay in one of our hotels. Book by 31st January.
Posted by Kiana Greenan - October 17, 2022
Five reasons to shop at Gretna Green this Christmas
What better place to begin your Christmas prep, than the Home of Romance itself? At Gretna Green, we pride ourselves on bringing people together, and what better time to do so than Christmas? Here are five reasons you should shop with us this Christmas -
1. We make gifting and Christmas easy; to achieve this, we have worked hard behind the scenes to pull together categories for each gifting section. Whether you’re looking for niche Scottish gifting or big brands, from our Gretna Green range to big brands such as Barbour and Joules, we have you covered. Personalise your order with your delivery note, or order one of our bespoke hampers, which are ready to go. If you are hosting this year, look no further than our stunning homeware range, from Christmas decorations to new bedding for that guest room… we have you Christmas-ready.
2. Bespoke hampers are ideal for that person who has everything. With our range of cashmere, and alcohol, our Christmas hampers also make hosting a little bit easier; shop our range of food and drink hampers to start your festivity prep. We have also made the process of thanking your colleagues or customer easy with our carefully selected corporate hamper range.
3. We are a proud family business. You are supporting a fifth-generation family business when you shop at Gretna Green. With this, our profits go towards supporting and building the Gretna Green community, and in return, we can gift you bespoke, handpicked gifting sent with love.
4. Bringing you sustainable gifting, we want to bring the best quality gifting to you this Christmas; however, we also want to give back some love to the planet. To do so, we have opted for paper bubble wrap when we can, and we also recycle all unwanted boxes from our suppliers, using them as paper shreds for your parcel. Shopping with us is a sustainable option as we try to use as many local and sustainable brands as possible. This Christmas, we are proud to announce various sustainable brands perfect for gifting, including Scottish Fine Soaps, another family-owned business that takes pride in its sustainable gifting products.
5. Bringing people together since 1754, when you shop at Gretna Green, you know you are buying from a historic, romantic location. Therefore, with every gift we give, we add a touch of love and romance. Our range of Gretna Green own brand products makes for the most special gift for a loved one. From our candles and defusers, perfect for those winter nights, our new glassware, perfect for hosting the festivities, to our stunning range of Gretna Green jewellery, ideal for those Christmas party nights or gifting options. We want to bring everyone together this year, and make Christmas as easy as possible.
Posted by Kiana Greenan - October 10, 2022
Buying for that special woman in your life, whether your mum, sister, girlfriend or wife, can be difficult! Especially if that person already has everything. However, we have come up with unique categorising to make the shopping experience for gifting the women in your life, easy.
Dazzle her with some of our stunning jewellery. Gift ‘her’ with our newly designed Gretna Green jewellery, brownie points straight from the Home of Romance itself! We have a gorgeous range of earrings and necklaces. Our gorgeous range of Joma jewellery makes for the perfect gifting opportunities. With all-new Christmas styles and our traditional options, you will surely find the perfect bracelet or necklace. With gifting options available for mum, grandmother and sister, Joma is the perfect personal touch to add to your gifting. Maybe your loved one prefers gold over silver, then look no further than our stunning Tutti and Co range. Make it a set by gifting a bracelet, necklace and rings. If you’re looking to add a little Scottish touch, then our gorgeous range of Heathergems makes for a unique and personal gift handmade in Scotland.
One of the easiest ways to have a more sustainable Christmas is to invest in your presents, and you cannot go wrong with a good quality handbag. Our new stunning Radley range, with matching bags and purses, makes the gifting process easy, all available from Gretna Green. Or treat your loved one to one of our new range of Barbour jackets, perfect for those winter strolls. With a variety of colours, including a stunning burnt-out orange, she is sure to love. Barbour has you covered from big to small. If you are opting for a more ‘stocking filler gift’, our Barbour range includes hats, scarves and additional pieces such as our travel cups - ideal for those on-the-go coffee drinkers!
This year we love all things local and supporting communities close to us. Our alcohol range is no exception to this. Inspired by the beautiful surroundings of Gretna Green and distilled in the Scottish Borders, our Gretna Green gin is the perfect gift for gin lovers. However… a study carried out in 2020 found that there had been a 15% increase in female whisky drinkers! Women now account for around 35% of whisky drinkers (Master of Malt). Worry not; we were also excited to release our new Gretna Green Blended Scotch Whisky this year! Blended in our local Annandale Distillery, this Single Malt is the ideal gift for those new to whisky or those who are looking to try something new.
Posted by Kiana Greenan - August 01, 2022
How we put the Green, in Gretna Green
As well as producing the best customer experience, for our brides and shoppers, we at Gretna Green care passionately for our planet. We have therefore taken small, but important steps in ensuring we are doing everything we can to be a sustainable brand. After all, how can we be the Home of Romance without giving a little love back to our planet?
Paper Bubble Wrap
To ensure your product is safely packaged but also environmentally friendly we have opted for paper bubble wrap when we can, meaning that our bubble wrap can be recycled and or composted. Plastic bubble wrap takes up huge amounts of space in landfills, and can take hundreds of years to disintegrate! So we try to limit this wherever we can. This is especially important to us over the Christmas period when we see a massive increase in gifting products.
Recycling From our Suppliers
Using paper bubble wrap is not the only step we take to ensure we are delivering parcels in the most environmentally friendly way. We also shred all unwanted boxes from our suppliers and shred all cardboard in our own warehouse to fill our parcels. This way we can reuse our own cardboard as well as take advantage of the additional boxes we get from our suppliers. This makes sure that your product is delivered in the best way possible as well as being kind to our planet.
We take pride in our geography, and as a result, try to take advantage of our amazing local suppliers from both sides of the borders. Not only does this limit our carbon footprint but it also helps us support local communities around us.
Our Green space
Here at Gretna Green, we are blessed to have a vast amount of fields surrounding our attractions. This means we have plenty of space for our wildlife to flourish and create our own little ecosystem supporting bees and pollination across Gretna Green village. This also means we have plenty of walks so our customers and colleagues can fill their lungs with fresh air.
Over at our Famous Blacksmith Shop, Smiths Hotel and Old Toll Bar cafe we also use biomass boilers. These are extremely beneficial in limiting our carbon footprint, as biomass is classed as carbon-neutral and is a 100% renewable energy source. We also use solar panelling at our Famous Blacksmith Shop, again decreasing our overall carbon footprint and doing our bit to provide sustainable, quality customer service.
Of course, we cannot forget to make our weddings as eco-friendly as possible. That’s why we only sell and allow the use of biodegradable confetti in our wedding venues.
Posted by Kiana Greenan - June 10, 2022
We are excited to release our new range of Gretna Green gifts, homeware, food, drink, and jewellery.
Fill your home with scents from the Home of Romance itself, with our new Gretna Green Candles. We have crafted three original scents, including, ‘The Unbreakable Bond’, ‘The Anvil’, and ‘Famous Blacksmith Shop’. The perfect gift to take home after your special day or available online now as a memento.
We also have designed a brand-new range of exclusive glassware, including champagne flutes, beer tankards, tumblers and whisky glasses. Our GG whisky glasses are the ideal gifting pairing with our new Gretna Green crafted whisky. Prefer gin? We have also been working hard on producing a crisp Gretna Green own gin which is now available in-store and online, with worldwide shipping! Going out? Don’t forget to buy one of our GG hipflasks.
Shop our gorgeous range of GG earrings, necklaces, and brooches. The flawless pairings of items make for the ideal gifting experience or a little treat for yourself. We also have a range of cufflinks, pocket watches, and tie pins ideal for wedding season.
Summer is coming, however, there is no hiding from those mid-summer evening chills. Why not shop our range of Gretna Green cashmere, the perfect little cover-ups for those cooler summer nights.
Got a sweet tooth? Look no further than our range of Gretna Green sweet selections! From traditional Scottish shortbread to our uniquely baked Gretna Green fruit cakes. You are sure to find a sweet treat that suits you. Why not add a little bag of Gretna Green sweeties to your gifting? With our hand-wrapped bags, they make the perfect add-on to any gift.
Love locks, what is more, romantic than purchasing one of our Gretna Green lovelocks. Uniquely designed to go on our Love Wall. Order online now, and bring them with you next time you’re planning to come down and place it at the Home of Romance, Gretna Green.
Posted by Administrator - November 08, 2019
Whisky & Gin Tasting and Scottish Anvil Handfasting Experience Vouchers
Our Scottish Experience Day Vouchers make a fantastic, unique treat for friends, couples or families, and start from just $62.20!
You can purchase one of our Experience Gift Vouchers on-site at Gretna Green Since 1754 or online here. Alternatively, speak to our dedicated team about creating your own bespoke experience by contacting us today!
Posted by wanshu chen - March 27, 2019
“Scotland is a land filled with treasures,” according to Channel 5 show ‘Secret Scotland’. A look at some of Scotland’s hidden beauties and behind the scenes access to some of the countries’ most popular tourist attractions, Secret Scotland with Susan Calman is a 5-part tour of Scotland, from the Borders to the Isles and all the places in between.
“This time I’m visiting the beautiful Scottish Borders” – Susan Calman.
Posted by wanshu chen - January 18, 2019
This Year Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Gretna Green, The Original Home of Romance.
Posted by wanshu chen - September 14, 2018
Handfasting at Gretna Green
Our clients always tell us: “the Famous Black Smiths shop is a magical place”, it brings people together and celebrates love in all its forms. At Gretna Green, we believe that experiences are worth more than gold. And we aim to offer the best (and unique!) handfasting ceremony, tailored to you.