Posted by Amanda Krats - February 13, 2013
This week is UK Marriage Week (7th - 14th Feb) and it's time for couples to celebrate their marriage and that special someone in their life.
Weddings and therefore 'Happy Marriages' are central to our history here in Gretna Green, and being the "Wedding Capital of the UK"we're so lucky to see our lovely couples as they make their wedding vows to one another and start their married lives together!
Here at Gretna Green, you can imagine that marriage is something which is very close to the hearts of many of our staff. So we thought we would ask our happily married employees to share with you all their top tips for a happy marriage!
1. "Communication is key at all times" - Frank Clarkson, Manager, Gretna Green Famous Blacksmiths Shop
2. "Never go to bed angry with each other" - Rhona Henderson, Manager, Foodhall at Gretna Green
3. "Remember, you can't take back words spoken in anger" - Joyce Bell, Financial Controller, Gretna Green Ltd
4. "Always give lots of love and understanding" - Debbie Gray, Company Secretary, Gretna Green Ltd
5. "Always tell your other half you love them every day, even if you've been arguing" - Margaret Salaman, Financial Assistant, Gretna Green Ltd
6. "Whatever you do in your married life, do it together" - Bill Hudson, Manager, Blacksmiths Restaurant
7. "Always strive for trust and respect between you and your partner" - Lyn Park, Senior Wedding Planner, Smiths Hotel Wedding Team
8. "Make sure you have lots of laughs together" - Sharon Besombes, Manager, Spoilt at Smiths
9. "3 words...Friendship, Give-and-Take and Respect" - Linda O'Brien, Manager, New Shop at Gretna Green
10. "Remember marriage is a partnership" - Carolyn Scott, Manager, Whisky & Gifts at Gretna Green
Whether you're planning your wedding, or have been married for years, we find ourselves looking to others for advice, or sharing our experience with friends and family. So what do you think? Would you agree with our staff tips or are there any you would add?
Let us know by leaving a comment here or let us know on our Facebook page.