INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.gretnagreen.com is a site operated by Gretna Green Ltd. We are registered in Scotland under company number SC052082 and with our registered office Gretna Green Ltd., Headless Cross, Gretna Green, Gretna, Dumfriesshire, DG16 5EA.
Our main trading address is Gretna Green Ltd., Headless Cross, Gretna Green, Gretna, Dumfriesshire, DG16 5EA. Our VAT number is 264 6189 36. Our Data Protection Registration No. is PZ309048XD
Gretna Green since 1754, is the registered trademark of Gretna Green Ltd.
Please find our Wedding T&C's outlined below which you can also download here.
Terms and Conditions: 2017 - 2018
- This agreement is between Gretna Green Limited (otherwise referred to as "Us" or "We" as appropriate) and [specify both clients' names] (otherwise referred to as "You").
- This agreement sets out the terms and conditions on which we will supply the services, at the selected wedding venue on your selected wedding date. You should read this agreement carefully.
- Our services, wedding venue options, prices, deposit amounts and other relevant information are set out in our attached brochure, which forms part of this agreement and which You should read with this agreement.
- This agreement will not become legally binding either on You or Us until You have, within 14 days of the date of your provisional booking, stated below, confirmed your booking by, firstly, paying Us, , the total deposit payment due by You of [specify total deposit due] in relation to the services and wedding venue You have selected and, secondly, signed this agreement and returned it to us.
- Reservation Fees and Deposits
- Once You have made a provisional booking You must pay Us the reservation fee within 14 days of the date of your provisional booking. If You fail to pay the reservation fee within this period your provisional booking will be automatically released and your booking will not be valid, effective or binding on Us
- This agreement, once it has become legally binding on you, is not cancellable. In the event that You do seek to cancel the agreement and/or not proceed with your wedding, We are entitled to recover Our losses from You. These losses may include, but may not be limited to, any sums, which You have paid to us.
- Wedding Packages: if You have selected one of the wedding packages from our brochure, the deposit which You must pay is set out in the brochure.
- Accommodation: A reservation fee of $37.90 per room per night is required to secure your reservation for all Deluxe, Family and Balcony rooms and a reservation fee of $126.40 per room per night is required to secure your reservation of all Suites or Penthouse rooms.
- Banqueting: You must pay a deposit of $19.00 per person to secure your banqueting reservation. You must confirm the final number of guests and pay the remaining outstanding balance of the total cost for all the banqueting food, beverage and wedding package at least 60 days prior to your selected wedding date.
- Function Room Hire: a reservation fee of 50% of the total room hire charge is required to secure your function room with the balance due at least 60 days prior to your selected wedding date.
- You must pay Us the total cost of any goods or services which You have selected and or reserved at least 60 days prior to your selected wedding date.
- 80 days prior to Your selected wedding date We will send the Business Event Form and Invoice to You. The Business Event Form will confirm the wedding package and services You have selected and other details of Your wedding which You have agreed with Us. Any relevant changes to these details and services which are agreed in the period leading up to your wedding will be incorporated in an updated Business Event Form or in writing, by letter or email, which will be sent to you. The Invoice will set out the outstanding amount that You must pay and this must be paid by you within 20 days of the date of the Business Event Form.
- The obligations of each of you under this agreement shall be joint and several. This means that each of you shall be fully responsible for paying to Us any sums due under this agreement and otherwise complying with its terms. If either one of you is in breach of this agreement, We may, at our option, sue that person or any or both of you.
- Where we have asked You for payment of a deposit, a reservation fee, or any other sum which is due by You, for example, where We have sent You an invoice requesting payment, it is important that You pay the sum due, promptly and within the period We have requested
- Venue only: if you are booking one of our wedding venues only, full payment is required to secure the booking and this must be paid to Us within 14 days of the provisional booking date.
- We can accept all major credit cards and cheques. We will not accept payment by cheque less than less than 60 days before your selected wedding date.
- Please contact us on +44 1461 336001 for our payment details.
- Prices quoted for all accommodation, goods and services are correct at the date of this agreement and are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate.
- Prices for meals, drinks, accommodation, and venue may be subject to increase due to market forces and inflation. Prices quoted in the current wedding brochure will be held for a maximum of 6 months from the date of this provisional booking.
- Child prices will be applicable up to and including 12 years of age.
- No Right of Cancellation
- This agreement, once it has become legally binding on you, is not cancellable. In the event that you do seek to cancel the agreement and/or not proceed with your wedding, in breach of this agreement, we are entitled to recover Our losses from you. These losses may include, but may not be limited to, any sums, which You have paid to us.
- Change of your selected wedding date
- If you wish to change your selected wedding date, and where we can accommodate your request, We will charge You a $63.20 administration fee in relation to your selected wedding date and an administration fee of $379.30 for all packages, functions and bedrooms.
- We will not accept a change of Wedding Date within 3 months of your selected wedding date.
- Check-in time: is 3.00pm. We cannot guarantee early check-in.
- Check out time: is 11.00am.
- Family bedrooms: can sleep 2 adults and 2 children. No additional beds will be allowed.
- Double bedrooms: can sleep 2 adults. An additional bed for a child will be charged at $25.30.
- Group Bookings: We will only hold group accommodation for 14 days from the provisional booking date to allow your guests to confirm by paying the deposit to Us within 14 days of the date of the provisional booking. Any accommodation not confirmed by payment of the relevant deposits which must be paid within 14 days of the date of the provisional booking will be automatically released and your booking will not be valid, effective or binding on Us.
- Banqueting: We only accept restaurant bookings for parties of 15 and under. Should you have more than 15 guests, we may be able to accommodate you, subject to availability, in one of our private dining areas or function rooms. We do not allow table decorations in our restaurant but they are allowed in our private function rooms and private dining areas should you wish to personalise Your wedding meal. Delivery of flowers, cakes, favours and table decorations must be labelled with your name and your selected wedding date.
- If hiring a private function room or private dining area You must commit to one of our 3-course function menus, a drinks package and an evening buffet from the current wedding brochure. Finger buffets/late night cocktail buffets, the prices for which are set out in our brochure, are an addition to a wedding meal and are served in the evening only.
- We do not allocate a specific function room, only the space required and We reserve our right to allocate the function room at our discretion.
- The room set up includes tablecloths, napkins and cutlery.
- There may be other events at the hotel on the same day as Your booking. We can under certain circumstances offer exclusive use. Please contact us for a quote.
- Changes to the services, venue and/or your wedding package
- We reserve the right to make changes to the interior and/or exterior of the wedding venue between the time we accept your booking and the date of your wedding. For example, we may make changes to the décor and colour schemes of function rooms.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that no components of your wedding have to be altered. However, as a wedding plan is normally put together a long time before your scheduled date, we reserve the right to make changes to certain components if this is necessary to comply with safety requirements or other changes in law or relevant codes of practice, or to make other minor changes which we reasonably believe will not be to the detriment of your overall wedding experience. We will notify you of any significant changes, but unless the change is one which is likely to fundamentally change the nature of your wedding experience we will not offer a refund, costs or compensation.
- Events out with our control
- We shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our agreement with You that is caused by events out with our reasonable control. If, as a result of such events, we believe we have no alternative but to cancel your booking, we shall use reasonable endeavours to help you find an alternative venue of a similar standard for a similar price but our sole liability to you shall be to refund you any money you have paid towards the services and wedding package You have selected.
- We are committed to ensuring that your wedding day is a happy one and where we sell and/ or supply goods to you we will meet our legal obligations to ensure that the goods conform to contract and of satisfactory quality. If, however, you wish to complain about an aspect of the goods and/or services which we have supplied, please address your complaint to the General Manager Hotels at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01461 336 001 or write to the General Manager Hotels, Gretna Green Limited, Headless Cross, Gretna Green, Gretna, Scotland DG16 5EA. We will consider your complaint fairly and, once we have investigated it, we will reply to you, where possible, within 14 days of your complaint.
- Limitation of Our liability to You
- Our total liability to You for any loss You suffer will be limited to the total amount of money payable to Us for the services and wedding package You selected.
- Nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
- General provisions
- Anything done by Us on the instruction of one you shall be deemed to have been instructed by both of you. Each of you confirms that the other has actual and/or apparent authority to act on your behalf and to instruct Us on matters in relation to the goods and services we supply to you in relation to your wedding.
- This agreement is personal to you. You may not transfer your rights and obligations under it to any other person.
- All written communications which You send to us must be sent by post to Gretna Green Ltd, Wedding Sales Office, Headless Cross, Gretna Green, DG16 5EA or by email to email@example.com or such other address that We may notify in writing to you.
- Other than guide dogs, hearing dogs and other assistance dogs, no pets or other animals are allowed in the venue or any of our other premises
- You must provide Us, by the dates We may reasonably request of You, the information we ask for so that we may finalise the details of Your wedding and/or the price.
- You must comply with, and use Your reasonable endeavours to ensure that your guests comply with, all of our reasonable instructions intended to ensure that the safety of property and/or people at the wedding venue.
- The terms of this agreement shall be governed by Scots law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
- As a consumer, You will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these terms and conditions, including the reference to the choice of law in clause 15.7 above, affects your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of your local law.
- You are only entitled to be married in Scotland if You complete the M10 (Marriage) document or CP10 (civil partnership) document and submit the completed document together with the statutory registration fees to the Registrar of the district in which the marriage is to take place – Gretna Registration office, not later than 29 days before the date of your wedding. Failure to do so will mean that your wedding cannot take place. Submission of these documents is your responsibility. The contact information for Gretna Registration Office is– Telephone number 01461 337648, Address Registration Office, Central Avenue, Gretna, Dumfries and Galloway, DG16 5AQ.
Website to download M10 or CP10 forms www.GretnaOnline.net
Print names of both clients: _______________________ _______________________
Date of provisional booking: _______________________
Date of wedding: _______________________
Time of wedding: _______________________
Selected venue of wedding ceremony: _______________________
Signatures of both clients: _______________________ _______________________
Gretna Green Limited is company incorporated under the Companies Acts and registered in Scotland (company registration number SC052082) and having its registered office at Headless Cross, Gretna Green, Gretna, Scotland, DG16 5EA. This is our main trading address and we can be contacted at this address by:-
Telephone: 01461 338441
Fax: 01461 338442
Gretna Green Limited carries on business under the following trading names at the following, addresses:-
Smiths at Gretna Green, Gretna Green, Scotland, DG16 5EA
Gretna Hall, Gretna Green, Scotland, DG16 5DY
Greens at Gretna, Glasgow Road, Scotland DG16 5DY
Gretna Green since 1754, our retail outlet, Headless Cross, Gretna Green DG16 5EA.
The VAT registration number of Gretna Green Limited is: 264 6189 36
Shopping Terms and Conditions
The contract to supply goods by Gretna Green Ltd to its customers will be made when the Company debits the account of the customer. Gretna Green Ltd will e-mail the customer confirming the order made.
Under the Distance Selling Regulation, you have the following rights when buying online or by phone from Gretna Green Ltd.
- You have the right to cancel any order (contract) made with Gretna Green provided you do so no longer than 14 days after the day on which you received your goods.
- Your right to cancel/return goods for cancellation does not apply to made to measure, personalised or perishable items.
- To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address. You can let us know of your intention to cancel by writing to us (see address below) or by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery)
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied if the loss is the result of excessive handling by you. We will make the refund no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods suppliedReturns (Special Orders, Made to measure & Perishable Items)
Once a 'special order' (i.e. an order deemed at the time to be for goods not normally stocked by ourselves either in terms of 'type' of item or in 'quantity' - this will be stated to you at the time of order) or 'made to measure order' is received and the work is in progress, your right to cancel will not apply. Perishable items are non-returnable
For hygiene reasons, earrings cannot be returned to us unless of course, they are faulty.
You can exercise your right of cancellation by writing to us at
Gretna Green Ltd
VAT Registration No: 264 6189 36
email to: email@example.com
The prices payable for goods that you order are clearly set out on the website. If by mistake, we have priced an item erroneously, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we dispatch the item concerned. Note all prices quoted on the web are website only prices and may or may not be reflected in our in-store offers.
For orders made from the UK or the European Union, the prices quoted include VAT. All other orders to the rest of the world will be exempt from VAT.
If your item is not in stock, we can order it in for you. On an occasion where we don't have the item in stock, we will contact you with the options to either wait for the item to come into stock, change your order to something similar or to cancel your order and accept a full refund.
When ordering goods for delivery overseas you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
In the very rare instance where an order may arrive with item/s missing then you must inform us within 7 working days and we will endeavour to get the missing item/s to you as soon as possible. Our order processing methods are exemplary and we pride ourselves on completing each order in a timely manner.
Nothing in these conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens' Advice Bureau.
If you should have any complaints or questions about any aspect of this online shop or the products you have received please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Customer Services Department
Gretna Green Ltd