Posted by Emily Potter - March 16, 2018
GO GREEN FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY
We’d would like to join our friends from across the Irish Sea and celebrate St Patrick’s Day on Saturday 17th March. Here are our top 5 ways to commemorate St Paddy’s Day with food, drink and gifts from Gretna Green:
- Sample some Irish Whisky - Our Whisky and Gifts Shop at Gretna Green is home to a range of both famous and unusual blends of malt whiskies. So whether you prefer Scottish or Irish whisky, raise a glass to St Patrick’s Day!
- Go green – go all out with green face paint, green hair dye and green clothing or opt for the more subtle green accessory – we have a range of gorgeous green items to choose from including green tartan, coats, scarves, gloves and bags. Getting married? Why not incorporate an Irish theme into your wedding with one of our stunning Celtic rings.
- Irish food – the only day when green food dye is acceptable is St Patrick’s day! So you can either turn your family meal green or join us at Gretna Hall for a meal that has been given the seal of approval from our Irish friends – traditional leek and potato soup, followed by smoked salmon or steak and finished off with a Bailey’s Irish Cream coffee – delicious! To book a table visit Gretna Hall contact page or call 01461 338257.
- Throw an Irish themed party – the Irish certainly know how to party so why not join them with an Emerald Isle style party. Think Irish flags, shamrock confetti and fancy dress!
- Guinness galore! Guinness has been a St Patrick’s Day staple for centuries. Our bars at Smiths and Greens at Gretna serve Guinness as well as a range of other Irish-inspired beverages. Gaelic Pop (Chambord and sparkling wine) is one of our favourites or why not try our aptly named Patrick’s apple martini cocktail?
Happy St Patrick’s Day or “La Fheile Padraig” from the team at Gretna Green!